Every business owner’s dream is to have someone to help them run their business smoothly and successfully. And in today’s world, it is more practical for small and medium-sized enterprises to opt for assistants who can work with them virtually.
Virtual Assistants contribute a lot of knowledge and skills to help their client’s businesses grow and because of that, they become an integral part of the business.
In this article, I’m going to share with you the 7 admirable qualities of a virtual assistant.
The following list can be your guide to advance with your freelancing journey:
- You’re honest and transparent. You let your client knows when you’re not familiar with a specific task, but you give him/her an assurance that you will learn it and will eventually get comfortable doing it. You also take responsibility for your action, admitting a mistake is quite embarrassing, but your client will appreciate your honesty and he/she will understand that you will make mistakes at times. And you know that having these traits will only boil down to one thing; a harmonious relationship with your client.
- You know how to listen every time your client talks to you, and you get clear on what he/she is trying to say. Communicating with him/her is always like an opportunity to learn something new, and as his/her virtual assistant you do your part as well by sharing your ideas that can possibly help with your client’s business growth. You’re able to deliver tasks correctly because you listen carefully to instructions and directions.
- You don’t easily jump to conclusions whenever there is a problem to solve, you analyze the situation and look at it from different angles. Possible customer concerns will address properly because you put yourself in the customer’s shoes. Your client trusts you with your decision-making when it comes to matters like this.
- You are highly organized. Your client loves you for creating a neat, updated, and easy-to-navigate database. All messages in his/her email are labeled correctly. Activities in your client’s calendar get done consistently because you’re able to manage his/her appointments well.
- You’re creative! You have the talent to create attractive graphics. Your client can finally breathe because she badly needs an artistic VA to boost her online business presence. (Be it on Canva, Adobe, or other tools, I think it depends on the preference of your client.) This skill will take you to many opportunities. Online businesses need creatives that can produce attractive and outstanding graphics for their advertisements and promotional content to get the interest of their target market.
- You continuously improve by educating yourself with the latest software that you think might be needed in the business of your client. You also keep yourself updated with the latest trends. knowing what is trending at the moment and relating it to the product your client is selling can help your client’s content to be seen by the target audience. These two can help your client’s business to continuously reach its goals.
- You value authenticity. You wouldn’t do anything that would harm the business of your client. There may be businesses out there who opted to use fake accounts to get big followers and a lot of likes, but doing this will surely harm the business’ credibility, people will not trust the product, and the business will have a hard time gaining profit. And you as a person who values authenticity will make a way to grow your client’s online business account by doing the right things. You start from scratch and continuously promote the product by posting quality content while actively engaging with current customers and prospective buyers.
Pursuing a career as a Virtual Assistant is really a different world to get in. I promise it is not easy, but the fruit of your labor will turn you into a more confident, skillful, and in-demand virtual assistant in the industry, but it takes a lot of consistency in learning the skills needed to succeed in this career. Plus, the right attitude and mindset. And If the universe is calling you to pursue this career, go and catch it!
Any skill can be learned, find the niche that matches your interest and personality and start from there. Learn and explore the skill that you’re interested in and be consistent. Also, choosing to be good and genuine will always go a long way in your freelancing journey.
Your Next Creative Virtual Assistant
Creates Neat & Nice Graphic Designs for Social Media Marketing Content
The next content writer you’ve been waiting for.
YOUR NEXT VIRTUAL ASSISTANT FROM THE PHILIPPINES